Pages

Sunday 15 February 2015

Current favourite Hair Products (Part 1 of 2)

I decided to split this post into two parts as I'm greedy and chose quite a few products and they just weren't all going to fit into one picture (trust me, I tried). So the first section is Shampoos & Conditioners and the second section will be Hair Care, Dye and Styling Products. You'll probably notice that a lot of the products include keratin, argan oil, "nourishing", "caring", "repairing" etc. and that's because around September last year I bleached my hair (for the 100th time) back to blonde, which basically just left it on it's arse and in a completely non-hair like state. Word of advice: don't bleach your hair several times, then dye it several colours numerous times, then bleach it again, then dye it dark purple and then bleach it twice to get the purple out because your hair will NOT thank you (I did all of that over the space of about 2 years by the way, I'm not a hair psycho). So since then I've been persevering through some very awkward hair stages (a lot of it broke off leaving me with some random short patches which wasn't pleasant) and trying any hair health restoring products that there are. So if you've got ridiculously damaged hair and just feel like shaving it all off (I have too, don't worry) just PERSEVERE and give your hair the love and care that it's been deprived of, because mine is slowly getting there and yours will too. I might do another post focused solely on caring for extremely damaged hair because I'd certainly be speaking from experience haha!


So from the above picture, left to right:
OGX Beauty Argan Oil of Morocco Conditioner - This was one of the first products that I bought in the quest to save my hair because I'd always read good things about it and it just seemed like an obvious one to try. It's "rich in natural Vitamin E and super-charged anti-oxidants" and obviously, argan oil - the main ingredient! I would recommend this to anyone, even if their hair wasn't damaged, because even after just one wash your hair starts to feel stronger and less dead and is left feeling softer, shinier and smelling lovely! 
OGX Beauty Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Smooth Conditioner - This is a blend of "coconut oils, keratin proteins, avocado oils and coconut butter which work together to bring new life to your hair" - and it does what it promises! Plus all of the coconut goodness that goes into it just makes it smell amazing.
TIGI Bed Head Urban Antidotes Recovery Shampoo (Damage Level 2) - Like it says on the bottle, this shampoo is great for hair that "needs a moisture hit". After just the first use my hair felt so much softer and moisturised and like actual hair again! (Seriously it had gotten to the point where when it was dry it just felt like chalky straw and when it was wet the texture was unidentifiable) And you can continue to feel the difference with each use, as your hair just feels softer and healthier every time.
TIGI Bed Head Urban Antidotes Recovery Conditioner (Damage Level 2) - There isn't much else to say about the conditioner, as everything about the shampoo applies to this as well, except that this is even more moisturising than the shampoo (as conditioners usually are) and leaves your hair feeling so silky.
Tresemmé Keratin Smooth Shampoo - This stuff is just brilliant, not just the shampoo the whole collection. I could not recommend the keratin smooth collection enough and again, not just to someone who has damaged hair, just anyone who feels like giving their hair a real treat. Often between rinsing my shampoo and applying my conditioner my hair can feel quite dry (because annoyingly washing your hair does dry it out considerably - hence conditioner!) but I genuinely don't get that when I use this shampoo.
Tresemmé Keratin Smooth Conditioner - Like with the TIGI conditioner, there isn't too much to add except for the fact that it is so, so moisturising and soft on your hair! It's just lovely to use because it feels nice, smells nice and you know it's doing your hair some good.
VO5 Nourish My Shine Conditioner - Which promises "manageability and luxurious shine for damaged hair" and it delivers! This always leaves my hair feeling ridiculously silky and soft and I just love it.
And in the middle is the Tresemmé Keratin Smooth Deep Treatment Masque - AKA hair mask of the gods. I've tried so many hair masks and hair treatments that it's actually a joke but I've now found one that I love and I'm sticking with. This treatment is so thick and soft it's just amazing. It leaves your hair moisturised, soft, shiny and just lovely (and has the standard amazing Tresemmé smell). Seriously I love this. 

What shampoos, conditioners or treatments would you recommend?

(This is not an advertisement for any of the above products or companies nor am I being paid or sponsored for this post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment