Pages

Saturday 21 February 2015

Recent buys (Lush, Bleach London, Barry M and more)

Some little treats that I've bought recently:)
Lush "The Kiss" lip scrub - Yes, I am a sheep. Does anyone else feel like they've been bombarded with pictures and videos of this stuff for the last month or so? (That and a certain unicorn horn!) Well, all of the brainwashing has finally paid off as I had to give it a try and see what all of the fuss was about. The lip scrub (Which I'm pretty sure is limited edition? But don't take my word for it) is a cute combination of caster sugar, sea salt, edible heart "confetti" and hundreds and thousands sprinkles. Unlike some lip scrubs, The Kiss isn't harsh or aggressive on your lips and leaves them lovely and soft. That and it smells delicious!

Lush "Catastrophe Cosmetic" face mask - I'd never used a Lush face mask before this one, but I knew to expect good things! After looking through all of the masks on the Lush website and then coming across this one and reading reviews that included claims along the lines of "this helped clear up my acne prone skin"/"my skin has never looked so good" etc. I was pretty set on Catastrophe Cosmetic. I seriously cannot put into words how much of a difference this mask made to my skin even after just one use. My skin has been in a pretty bad state recently for no particular reason (it just has really bad bouts sometimes, which is GREAT) - spots and blackheads galore (not that anyone asked) and after just one use of this my spots were smaller, much less red and some of the smaller ones that were already on their way out had gone completely! And the results for my blackheads were pretty much the same; smaller, less obvious and some of them disappeared altogether. And overall - my skin feels softer, brighter and just generally "better". So I've been using the mask every couple of nights or so after my usual face cleansing routine and with each use my skin just keeps improving! If you haven't already please try a Lush face mask because I have never had skin results as fast as this.
Lush "Granny Takes a Dip" bath bomb - Ooh I've been wanting to try this so badly! There isn't too much to say about this other than it smells amazing and a majority of reviews I've read say that it leaves your skin feeling super soft. I can't wait to use this and turn my bath into a lemon, ginger and pepper scented load of psychedelic loveliness.

Lush "Space Girl" bath bomb - This is one of those where if you hold it for just a second you'll be finding glitter in random places for the rest of the day. The smell (and look of it I suppose, the lilac parts anyway) reminds me of parma violet sweets and when placed into your bath water, it fizzes like mad - can't wait to use it!

Lush "Butterball" bath bomb - This bath bomb just smells heavenly and, while it may look plain or boring in comparison to the others, it makes the most promises about treating your skin. They claim that "if you have dry, sensitive or irritated skin, this is the bath bomb to replenish it" so I'm looking forward to finding out if this is true.
Bleach London "Swamp Spritz" salt spray - Another one I've wanted to try for quite a while! I've already used their hair dyes "Washed Up Mermaid" and "Violet Skies" and since then have had my eyes set on both this and their reincarnation hair mask. I wasn't sure at first if I should be applying this to my hair when it's wet or dry as the instructions weren't very insightful - "Set the nozzle to spray and apply to hair" - that's literally it. But after trying both I found that it really doesn't matter because they both work just as well. It adds just the right amount of texture without leaving your hair feeling knotted or gross (I've had some bad hair experiences with salt sprays) and there really isn't much to fault. The only thing that I would change about the Swamp Spritz is the amount that comes out with each spray because if you weren't expecting it you could easily ended up soaking one patch of hair and then having to deal with the fun of brushing that out. If it was more of a mist then I think it would be perfect! So hopefully I'll be onto my next Bleach venture soon - the reincarnation mask!

Rimmel London "Match Perfection" foundation - As a ridiculously pale person (I've had to grow up with people always asking me if I'm ill, it's that bad) I've always struggled to find a foundation that really matches my skin and is also affordable (and I'm a skint 17 year old so by "affordable" I mean cheap). So after reading this post on the blog "From Roses" about her favourite foundations I'd found yet another foundation that I was ready to try after being drawn in by the words "I think this line from Rimmel is the best option for us pale girls on the high street" (sold!). So I bought it in the lightest shade '010 Light Porcelain' (it's usually £7 but it was £5 from Asda, yay!) and I just love it so much already. It gives good coverage whilst still managing to be light and hydrating and lasts pretty well throughout the whole day (but, like with most foundations, lasts perfectly when set with powder). So any pale and porcelain people looking for a nice and very reasonably priced foundation, give this one a try! 

Barry M "Gelly Hi - Shine Nail Paint" in Blue Grape/504 - I am so late onto the bandwagon for this one. I've been using Barry M nail polishes for quite a few years now and love them as much as the next person, but had never got round to trying the Gelly Hi-Shine range. So when I saw the vibrant "Blue Grape", I knew that it would be the one to "have a go of". It's bright, very pigmented (even after one coat), super glossy, very chip resistant and I love it - and there's not much else to add!

Topshop Elephant necklace - I'm probably one of the last people on the planet that needs a new necklace, but this teeny tiny elephant necklace from Topshop is so sweet and was only £4.50! It would have been rude not to.


What have you bought recently?



(This is not an advertisement for any of the above products or companies nor am I being paid or sponsored for this post.)

18 comments:

  1. I've never tried a face mask before but I think I might give that one a try!

    Renee
    www.losetheroad.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get around 4 or 5 uses out of each tub so it's definitely worth it!:) x

      Delete
  2. Those are some great products! Do you have a favorite out of all those purchases?

    http://www.triskelereviews.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'm not sure! Probably the Lush face mask:) But I also love the foundation and salt spray. Plus I haven't even tried the bath bombs yet - I'm not good at picking favourites! haha x

      Delete
  3. I love space girl so much, lush is the best !! Xxxx my favourite bath bomb of all time has just been released for Mother's Day and it's called secret garden -you must try it :D xx lovely pictures and I love Barry M jelly nail varnish too xoxo Check out my new blog post! I'm in need of some followers, thank you! X http://xbeyoutifulx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to using it! &Ooh I'm probably going to pop back in next week so I'll have to pick up Secret Garden, thanks for the recommendation!x

      Delete
  4. The bath bombs look amazing! I have never tried the in my life, unfortunately.
    Will you do a review about the foundation? I am interested since I am pale as well.
    Really nice post!
    http://valley-of-the-dollss.blogspot.sk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still pretty new to bath bombs, but they're lovely you should give them a try! Yeah I was thinking about doing a more detailed review on it after I've used it for a few weeks so I've got a better idea of what it's like with all of my skin "states". And thank you:) x

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It's cute isn't it! I knew it was going to be a vibrant colour but it came out way much brighter than I thought it would x

      Delete
  6. great post !!

    cute little blog you have here

    would love to know your thoughts on my new post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyBlogloving

    MyFacebook

    Have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing post again <3
    Dear can you click in link in my last post? It is really important for me <3 http://kasjaa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW your blog is amazing! I really enjoyed reading it! :) Very inspiting blog post, keep up the great work, I'm a fan! :)

    xoxo ElsaBeautyTeen

    http://omgyousassqueen.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE that elephant necklace! CUTEST!
    -Lindsay from Dearest Darling

    ReplyDelete